It's been just over a year since the first commit to Cachet and over 600 commits since v1.2 we're announcing the availability of Version 2 right here, right now.
The internals of Cachet have changed dramatically. We now share a lot of code between the dashboard and the API, resulting in far less code duplication and easier testing.
Aside from the internal changes, we've of course added some new features:
- A new
Time-Zoneheader can be passed to the API to set the timezone of your requests.
- Component Groups API.
- Automatic localization of the status page - if the visitors language is one of the languages that Cachet is translated into.
- You can now choose to simply not display incidents altogether.
- Metrics have been rewritten and can now be viewed in three intervals; Last 12 Hours, Week or Month. We now cleanly and fully support all three database servers.
- Improved theming system allows you to modify all status page colors.
- New optional full-width header design.
- Components can now be disabled (hidden from public).
- Team Member invitations.
Of course, we've also improved security, updated dependencies, documentation has been updated and upgrading is still as simple as ever!
We'd like to thank every single one of our contributors and supporters for helping us with this version 💖 - thank you!
How to upgrade Cachet
We've added some upgrading documentation here.